Project “IMPROVED CURRICULA AND MODERN LEARNING SYSTEM TO PROMOTE THE NEW DIRECTIONS OF BUSINESS ENHANCEMENT IN LIFE SCIENCES APPLICATIONS” Acronym: BELA
Lifelong Learning Program Leonardo da Vinci – Transfer of Innovation
The project is addressed to a comprehensive target group of people in need of developing competences in Entrepreneurship for a specific, complex, and involving high scientific and technical knowledge economic sector: sustainable development applications bio economy.
The target group
The target group comprises:
1) Young entrepreneurs involved in life sciences business and interested in promoting sustainable development applications;
2) Young scientists preparing to pass from the research field to the business sector by developing start-up companies;
3) Young educators involved in teaching entrepreneurship and sustainable development applied to life sciences.
The project objectives
1) To build an entrepreneurial competences matrix in life sciences sustainable development applications (BELA matrix) by integration of dedicated survey results from 3 representative EU countries.
2) To transfer 2 learning products from the foreign partners treating sustainable development issues (FR partner) and entrepreneurship issues (LT partner), and adapt them to a new economic sector and integrate them in a new geographical context in order to improve the innovative features, the results being 2 curricula and vocational training modules “Sustainable Life sciences applications” and “Enterprise business and Intellectual property in Life sciences” developed in both paper and multimedia format.
The learning products added value is increased by elaboration of dedicated content to sustainable Life sciences applications and by complementary introducing the Intellectual property issues, needed for research transfer to market.
3) To realize a blended learning system comprising face to face learning, but also e-learning, which will offer improved and multiplied ways to assure the ex-post valorization of the realized vocational training.
4) To finally prepare a vocation training package with dedicated teaching methodology and obtain the certification for BELA competences matrix ready to be implemented in the partnerships countries, but also in a large European geographical area and to export to other economic sectors as methods and procedures due to the increased European dimension.
The consortium consists of 4 partners:
a. P0:Institutul National de Cercetare Dezvoltare pentru Chimie si Petrochimie, ICECHIM Bucuresti, from ROMANIA, a public research institution, that is the project coordinator;
b. P1:Association pour la Formation en Milieu Rural – Etcharry Formation Développement, from FRANCE, an adult formation provider;
c. P2: Kaunoregioninis inovacijų centras, from LITHUANIA, a non-governmental organization;
d. P4: Universitatea de Stiinte Agronomice si Medicina Veterinara Bucuresti, USAMV Bucharest, from ROMANIA, a university with a faculty dedicated to life sciences education.
The partners have complementary expertise and competences especially chosen to fulfil the project work program, meaning the two Romanian partners participate with specialists in life sciences research, high education and training, the French partner has experience in delivering training for organizing partnerships and networks for rural sustainable development, and the Lithuanian partner developed training to promote the growth of entrepreneurial spirit.
The work programme
The work plan is prepared for 24 months duration and is divided into 7 Work Packages.
Two types of WPs were considered:
(a)Two WPs, with duration all the project long, dedicated to:
1. Project management activities: WP 1. Project management and quality plan implementation
2. Exploitation of the project outcomes: WP 7. Dissemination and valorisation of the projects products and results
The WP 1 will be coordinated by the project leading partner-P0 (ICECHIM), and the WP 7 will be coordinated by the partner P1-Etcharry Association, due to its previous expertise.
(b) Five WPs, with specific duration, determined by the tasks to be done, and being in direct consequence one after the other:
WP 2. Evaluation of the competence needs of the target groups from the involved countries and study of key competences from dedicated documentation to define the BELA matrix of competence (6 months); (coordinated by P0 and P3)
WP 3. Adaptation of the transferred learning products to the identified competence needs and elaboration of curricula and contents (7 months) (coordinated by P2)
WP 4. Choice and implementation of the blended learning system function of the target group studying abilities (5 months); (coordinated by P0)
WP 5. Pilot training of the learning products implemented by blended learning methodologies (5 months); (coordinated by P3)
WP 6. Products and blended learning system fine tuning; developing of a certification procedure designed for BELA competences matrix (4 months) (coordinated by P0 and P1)
Main project products and outcomes
1.Basic template regarding the entrepreneurship key competences needed to start and to develop innovative SMEs in the bio economic sector targeted to sustainable development applications(ENG)
2.Questionnaire regarding the need of the key competences in the field of interest (ENG, RO, FR, LT)
3.BELA Matrix of key competences needed to start and to develop innovative SMEs in the bio economic sector targeted to sustainable development applications (ENG).
4.Curriculum “Enterprise business and Intellectual property in Life Sciences” (ENG, RO)
5. Training content with learning modules “Enterprise business and Intellectual property in Life Sciences” (ENG, FR, LT, RO).
6. Curriculum “Sustainable Life sciences applications” (ENG, RO).
7. Training content with learning modules “Sustainable Life sciences applications” (ENG, FR, LT, RO).
8. E-learning package for BELA project (ENG, RO, FR, LT).
9. Methodology for blended learning system application (e-product in ENG)
10. Project web site